5/21/08

With Such Amazement

My goodness, my goodness. I recently received a comment from Sister Sheri. She gave me a little nudge to check her blog for 'a hug.' Her kindness overwhelmed me. I cried. Not a lot; not like losing the baby birds. But still.... Thank you very much, dear new friend.

And then there's sweet Joy. I imagine Joy as a very trendy, up-to-date Julia Child. She knows all about cooking. I think she speaks "Frenglish." Is that the correct term, Joy? Going back and forth from French to English and perhaps landing somewhere in between. I really enjoy people who can do that. And cook. People who are good cooks amaze me. As my profile states, I "order well."

We've been trying to pass on kindness more the past couple of years. Remember those bumper stickers and such from the 70's (I think it was the 70's....) about passing on warm fuzzies? We've been seeking out restaurant managers to compliment them (even when obtaining food poisoning, but not yet aware...) and young kids who are trying really hard in their summer jobs, etc.

So as a rookie blogger, and a Mom who doesn't really have too many meals turn out too well, just lost a couple of baby birds, and hopes to have entertained you a bit sharing a few of my stories...."Thanks Sheri and Joy. I'm amazed!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those bumper stickers!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Hey...

My Nick got a JOB yesterday! Thank you Lord!

peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

congrats!

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Grace, thank you so much. You gave me the "warm fuzzies" indeed. That was such a nice, kind, loving, encouraging post ... and entertaining too.

"Frenglish" is right! Sometimes I feel that's exactly what I'll be doing if I'm not careful. My English skills are exercised while my French easily gets atrophied, but that's why God invented the Internet. :-)

Thank you, Grace. Thank you for spreading kindness. I am very privileged to be the recipient.

I wish you a fabulous day.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Isn't it amazing how kind words and compliments touch our hearts? I think God sends those special kindnesses exactly when we need them.

sister sheri said...

God's abundant blessings back to you, again!