5/22/08

God is Good!

Can't you just feel the praises going up?? My good friend sent this photo to me last summer and I kept it on my computer as the wallpaper for quite a while. He said the chicken was in his window-sill or right outside his window or something like that. I'm not precisely sure what the chicken is supposed to be doing, but each time I see him, I smile. And I say, "Oh Bless the Lord."

Laughter is such an incredible gift. I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Not laughter specifically, but thanking God for putting people in my world that I can laugh with about all sorts of things.

One friend loves to bring up shared memories about silly things that happened while working and attending the same church together a while back. Searching for a thief, seeing a person in the Easter drama trip and having an 'oops' come out while his microphone was hot one year, figuring out the thief's identity, calling 911 when a gal pretended to faint, the hilarious manner in which previously referred-to thief was captured...

Another good friend shares similar cooking skills and we have countless stories of mishaps. Leaving the plastic on the casserole as it is reheated - in the oven, not the microwave, using leftover pumpkin pie batter instead of leftover turkey gravy for a holiday creation, the famous coffee story which is way too embarrassing to mention (perhaps Papa Noel will leave a comment and tell you the sad yet hilarious tale) and so many, many more....

As I sat down here today, just intending to tell you the latest story of Ruby-Dee and how she put the tin foil down on the counter and it ended up rolling all across the living room and out into the hallway and how she informed me, "You CAN NOT re-roll aluminum foil!" I smiled. And I thought of the Hallelujah Chicken. Sometimes you just have to smile and say, "Oh, Bless the Lord."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so funny :o) Yes, we do laugh, don't we?! Sometimes, that's all we can do in a situation :o)

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

I found you through Beloved Mama...

Your site is so beautiful. The music is soothing and puts me in a sentimental mood. With my children asleep in bed and a little time for myself, I am encouraged to thank God for all that he has blessed me with.

Nice to meet you Grace.

Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your name. Our youngest daughter's name is Grace Anne.

Blessings, Joanne

Anonymous said...

I love the "Praisin' Chicken" and your post!
CCR

luvgod2 said...

Reading about the aluminum foil rolling across the floor reminded me of an e-mail I received from friend last week to "cure" the problem.

She told me that the aluminum foil and the plastic wrap boxes have "tabs" at each end that you poke in to prevent the roll from coming out of the box.

Of course, after reading the e-mail and I had to check it out myself. Amazing - sure enough there they were in all their hidden glory. Voila'