5/13/08

Music Tracks

Here's a big "Thank you" to all of you who've said such kind things about the playlist I've added in the last month or so. I must confess, the particular song you are hearing is selected randomly by a little man who must be quite busy over at the playlist company offices.... :)

I've got almost 100 songs on the list, and the selection is pretty broad. Each one is a tune that I dearly love or for which my heart holds special memories. There are songs that speak of God's faithfulness, our Hope, some movie themes from my Disney favorites (although I did remove the theme from the Pirates of the Caribbean ride after DJ heard it and gave me that look...). I've also included a surprise or two, so I hope when you hear those, you'll chuckle right along with me.

Another favorite recording of mine is Garrison Keillor's "Young Lutheran's Guide to the Orchestra" accompanied by a full symphony. But it was not on the selection list and it is about twenty minutes long. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to share it online if it's not all copyrighted by the good folks at "A Prairie Home Companion." They really make me smile. Lutheran or not.

3 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

OK...so I'm not that smart...just desperate for Jesus. That being said, I was also needing a laugh, so I revisited the Frisco bookstore website. Truly, you need to find me some more funnies along these lines. I don't know why it makes me laugh, I'm just in hysterics right now.

How's life with a college boy? Mine still needs of JOB! He's off to a high school softball state championship this afternoon. I'm not a big movie watcher, but the other night he checked out "Dan in Real Life"...I think that's the name of it. Anyway, I loved it too! Just enough romance and lots of laughter. You might enjoy it if you haven't already seen it.

Do you care if I add your blog to my "blogs for the journey"? I'm bad about putting new ones on the list, and I'm selective also. Let me know if you objections. Otherwise...you're on girl!

peace~elaine

Lakeville Vertical said...

You look so happy with your boy! I bet you are glad he is back at home. I know I would be. I'm listening to Lean on Me and it couldn't be a better song to be hearing right now! Thanks for that blessing.

Anonymous said...

A wonderfully wise Lutheran scholar once told me "Lutherans love Jesus too"... how can I argue with that? :o)