5/9/08

Special Plans

Here it is, the Mother's Day week-end. Didn't we just have Christmas? Never mind, that's what old people say, isn't it! But the year does seem to be just zooming along. Once again, I'm faced with "What do you want?" Oh boy, I really don't like that question.

Let's see, maybe some new stuff from Bath & Body works - no you don't like the wallflowers. Hmm, a cooking book? Nah, I struggle with cooking most of the time. (But I did really like the one "Cooking for Blonds" that a good friend gave me once....) Clothes? usually these come in an odd size and then I feel the need to go on a diet, or at least perceive you think I should go on a diet....

How about --- a walk on the beach reminiscing, or maybe dinner at our favorite pizza place with a little candle, or watching Somewhere in Time again (just because) or finding a fire ring at the beach and just sitting by the ocean listening to the waves and snuggling in the blanket watching the sunset. Or letting me know you miss my mom too. Then I'd know you understand how hard this week-end is.

But I'll smile. We'll have a nice lunch and I'll put on two pounds with the fabulous chocolate lava cake. All will be as it should be. And we'll make plans for Father's Day. The circle of life as it might be referred to...

All I really need is hugs. Two of them. One from DJ and one from JJ. My special day will be complete.
***

4 comments:

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

And how about a hug from your friend in NC...

Here's reaching forth my arms and my heart to embrace you on, what apparently is, a difficult day, perhaps a difficult season.

I spent the day with my mom over lunch and then took her to a favorite bookstore where she added a new one to her collection. I wish I could have bought her the shoes (2 pairs) that found her feet, but alas, she knows my financial limits and was more than happy with a Cracker Barrel lunch and a book!

She lives about an hour away, but we try and get together a couple of times a month. Our favorite thing to do together...

Hallmark Christmas movies and icecream.

I cherish her and am forever grateful to be sharing this season of her life and mine together.

God bless you, Grace. May your heart be tendered by his gentle care and love this day.


peace~elaine

Anonymous said...

well, here's a hug from me...
Happy Mother's Day :o)
From your long lost friend living in Neverland...

Sisterlisa said...

Thank you for coming by Apples of Gold. I look forward to getting to know you. Happy Mother's Day.

Wonderful pic by the way!

Anonymous said...

Dear Grace,
This is some excellent writing!
You made me cry! Your affirmation of JJ is not only touching but a hugely wonderful example to other Moms.
I'm blessed to know you!
C.F.