4/1/08

Just a Prankster

"Honey" and I were trying desperately to see if Hugh Grant was at home here last summer....He never answered. If you're not a fan of "Notting Hill" you may not recognize this landmark at Universal Studios. It's the actual set of the store Hugh's character owned in that movie. Maybe. Who knows! But we sure had fun knocking and calling his name.

DJ & JJ were more interested in finding ice-cream. It was a very hot day and the ice-cream sundae was the best treat of the day! We tried for hours to appease our new friend, Honey, who had her heart set on going on the ET ride. Sadly, we discovered....it has been replaced by a visit to the dark inner sanctum of haunted tombs of some mysterious middle-eastern land. Although it's a fabulously fast indoor roller coaster --- anything that's about spooky tombs and monsters is not my thing. I far prefer visiting Hugh's bookstore.

So now a note to those reading this on the date it's posted.....you never know when someone may be twisting your earlobe. My good friend Ruby Dee was the recipient of my efforts this morning. She was informed by "Kaiser" of most interesting test results! Who knows, it might be twins! We go way, way, way back and that's a good thing or she might not forgive me real soon.....

O.K., Ruby Dee --- I owe you a Messy Sundae at our favorite spot.


A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

1 comment:

Lakeville Vertical said...

Thank you for your kind words. It amazes me how insensitive people can be by asking you why you only wanted one child. Seriously! I'm not shocked by much so it wasn't too much info. for me. Thanks for the encouragement. You bless me again.