4/23/08

God Bless Lord Andrew...

Things were certainly interesting on American Idol last night, weren't they! We watch this show with some frequency. We've never voted, tend to agree with Simon, and cheer on the underdogs...But last night.....last night.....did you catch Sir Andrew's advice to young David???


"There's two pieces of advice I would give to you. The first is to open your eyes. And the second is 'open your eyes.' The eyes have it. That's why people say that."

"Little David has a real musical soul to him. But he just must keep those eyes open. I can't watch somebody whose got their eyes closed all the time."


We cheered.* I don't expect to see this advice reprinted in Worship Leader Today or Christianity Today or at worshiptogether.com. But I may keep last night's show on our DVR for a few years just because....



*If you're part of a traditional church denomination, this entire post will be meaningless....we, however, have been led in worship by the cewts (closed-eye-worship-teams) for many, many years and have often been quite puzzled.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee...I've voted quite often!!!! and I'm a huge fan of Andrew Loyd WEber!!! How could I not be...Phantom of the Opera?!!!!!! LOVE it :o) You should spend some time with me when I play the best of ALW and sing every son and every word ha ha ha...you'd be proud...actually, probably not...

sister sheri said...

hmmm... cewts? I guess I'm glad that I don't know what you are talking about?

Lakeville Vertical said...

Oh my goodness-I am seriously laughing out loud with only myself to giggle with!! This is my church!! I'm not part of the worship team but often watch everyone closing their eyes-hmmm.
Tee Hee!

Anonymous said...

I am a CEWT leader, and I find your evaluation of people who want to get the most complete worship experience possible quite appauling. Don't you know that if our eyes were during the worship experience God would not decend upon us. You must be one of those judgementalist that looks at people while they worship so you can cast judgement on them as to weather you think they are really worshiping or not. Oh, oh, you will reap what you sow Ms. Grace, you will reap it...

Have a blessed day,
Argyle Payne

Unknown said...

OK, just so y'all know....Mr. Smarty Pants Argyle Payne is actually a good friend....and he is a wonderful worship leader, whether his eyes are closed or open. If he could only find his 8-tracks, we'd post 'em on here for you again.
Grins.