4/18/08

Join Us...

I sincerely thank all of you for your patience with me while I've shared the comings, goings, snugglings, adventures and joys of life with our Max. However, it certainly became aware to me yesterday that DJ and I may be seriously over-attached to our young four-footed boy. Thankfully, our real son will be home for the summer soon! (We can't wait to see him and pray for him every single day...)

Here's what happened....

I sent an e-mail to a good friend on Thursday (yes, Thursday) to see if she and her husband would like to go to dinner sometime this weekend. She sadly had to decline for a multitude of reasons. One delightful reason was needing to watch her grandchildren while her husband would be away on a camping trip. I extended an invitation to her to join us at church where the kids could enjoy some time in Sunday School and she might have a bit of peace for a few minutes.

Later in the e-mail exchange she relayed that the kids would actually be picked up on Sunday morning --- Maybe we can go to dinner another time next week.... I suggested Panera and explained how fun it was to take Max along and how nice it was to sit on the patio with him....

Something was criss-crossed completely on my part. I felt so silly. My dear friend replied in total honesty: "Where are you going now? I can't believe (but I guess I can) that Max goes with you to church."

Wouldn't that be something?!? We may have to look into it soon....





****
"I'd like the organ side...."

1 comment:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

:-) You made me smile!

Once a year, when our Golden Retriever was still alive, he was allowed in church for the blessing of the animals. He was always very well behaved and it was wonderful.