4/7/09

Sunny Sunshine

We're now almost to the middle of Holy Week. It will probably get gloomy and rainy toward Friday. I've noticed that usually happens...But today it's extremely sunny and the perfect temperature for sitting on the patio sipping some sweet tea.

I doubt that the disciples had time to sip sweet tea during the first Holy Week. We do know they stopped to enjoy a meal together. Imagine it. Did they have any idea what was about to happen? Did they talk about their plans for summer and where they were going on vacation? Did they discuss their neighbors and how the cat keeps them up at night? Or did they soak in the presence of Jesus...

Sometimes I remember the last Easter I shared with my mother. We'd been to church quite early and played for a couple of services in the orchestra together. The family met together at Grammas to hunt for eggs. Right after lunch, DJ and I were in a hurry to get to the ballgame as I'd won some free tickets. We quickly scooted away barely taking time to say, "I love you" to them and dropped Mom off at her apartment. She was with us one more week.

I don't even enjoy baseball.

I think about that every Easter.

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

I am sure your precious mother knew just how much you loved her! I pray that you are able to release the hurtful part of this memory, and focus on the wonderful, happy times you shared with her.

Blessings to you! :o)

Amy said...

Thank you for the reminder to cherish the moments we have!