3/19/08

Spring is Here!

Sunny Days! This is Max on our patio out back. He's holding a 'touchdown towel.' We spent a lot of time this fall teaching him to pick up a towel and run around the house with it when we hollered, "Touchdown." It works - usually. With the onset of Spring, I intend to make good use of this lounger. Lounge? Lounge on the lounger? Where is an English major when you need one.... Of course, when I'm out there lounging, it will only be to read my Bible, the latest in the Tim LaHaye series (oh what will happen?) or get caught up on the adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh. Certainly not to just enjoy a glass of sweet tea...

We had a fun adventure of our own on Sunday morning this week. We're sort of 'in between' things. In between churches, I'm in between jobs... DJ is however, far busier than ever and Sundays are mostly peaceful. We went to visit a different church and got there about ten minutes before the service was to start. Folks were so nice --- they had special guest parking and everyone was very friendly. (We did not see donuts, but that's all right. Maybe they're in another spot.)

So as we walked up to the building, we saw there were lots and lots of black doors. Each one we had a sign that said, "Please use side doors while the service is in progress." Service was at 9:30, it was 9:20. So...happily as ever, looking for more hands to shake and happy smiles, DJ opened the center door. It was right in the middle of the sound booth, right behind the tv camera and smack-dab (good Southern term) in front of the pastor! OOPS! He backed up, gingerly closed the door, and gasped, "There is a service and it is still going on!" We found our way down the sidewalk to the end past all the big, dark windows.

Just a few minutes later, looking for seats as we were safely inside, DJ noticed those big dark windows are dark on the outside yet every single person inside the auditorium can see who is walking on the sidewalks.... at least he was wearing his fun Hawaiian shirt with palm leaves on it in honor of Palm Sunday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee hee...I LOVE your new profile picture...wish I had been there with you!!!

Anonymous said...

did you smile and wave for the camera :o)

Connie Barris said...

Sounds like something I would do... except I would have tripped over the equipment...

I have My Utmost for His Highest next to my chair by my bed.. I have been reading that book for years and it speaks something different to me every time I read it..

have you read the Shack yet? By William Young? Awesome!!

Max has got to be the best...

Have a wonderful evening.. or morning.... whatever time this gets to you my sweet friend

Connie

sister sheri said...

Oh, I would absolutely do the same thing! Glad he was wearing a shirt with palm leaves on it!