6/16/08

One More Referral

Honestly, I should charge this Jon guy a fee for promoting his stuff. (Maybe he'll let me throw out the T-Shirts for him to the crowd when he is the featured guest at the next NRB convention...) But here's the deal: my father was an amazing worship leader back when they only had song services and had never used the terminology "worship leader." Our son is a well experienced drummer and we've discussed worship issues for years and years... So sorry.... Back to my referral.... Please click here: Stuff Christians Like # 295 and # 296. #295 is about singing the first and third verses of hymns and #296 is titled "Fishbowling the Drummer."

If you've stopped by today hoping to find my latest recipe for cream puffs or mocha brownie surprise, I've really let you down. If you don't attend church and haven't grown up trying to stifle a snicker here or there when you're supposed to be giving God your full attention; well, you've missed out. Maybe this is to whet your appetite just a little. You see for years, the only entertainment lots of Christians had was seeing things other Christians did to either make them laugh or gossip about and getting together for church dinners. (That gossip option was probably never o.k. with God and never ever helped anybody, but you get the idea, I hope.) Laughter and food. Those were the things we could enjoy.

I really enjoy Jon the Prodigal's blog and the fun he has with Christian life. I hereby promise not to keep telling you about it. Unless it's really, really good....

4 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

One night my hubby and I sat and read his site for like two hours and laughed our heads off. Cheap entertainment I know but it was so fun. Thanks for sharing!

StitchinByTheLake said...

You just keep pluggin' Jon's blog Grace. He writes some great stuff! And his 97secondswithGod is good, too. Blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Can we share the fee?
No, let's have him for our multidenominational conference in the near future!!! That's a better idea!

Amy said...

I've subscribed to all his blogs. Growing up in church, I am familiar w/ that hilarious stuff we believers do!!