9/22/11

Shakin' Things Up

We have a great group of singers in our choir here.  They are extremely dedicated, talented and faithful.  Some Sundays are more challenging than others for them.  If there's a Baptism, Communion or New Members to greet ~ they can end up on stage for a good 30 minutes or longer.  Thirty minutes under bright lights and without chairs (that discussion is reserved for an entirely different post, thank you).

And some Sunday mornings they're thrown a curve.  Last week was one of those weeks.  About ten minutes prior to the end of the early morning warm-up; I asked them to mingle and mix up the men with them women.  I know, I know, you're thinking, "In Church??"  Yes.  Tenors right between Altos & Sopranos and Basses all over the place.  But you know what!  It worked! 

They sounded great, looked bright and were smiling a lot more than on the average Sunday.  One married couple even got to hold hands.  Now when do you see that in a church choir...

"Blessed are the flexible ~ for they shall not be broken."  I think that's a quote by my friend, Wayne Tesch.  But I'm not sure.  It might have been da Vinci.

***

No comments: