9/29/11

Not in My Yard

Master Max is quite the protector of our property these days.  He's constantly on alert for any coyotes, bunnies, mailmen or raccoons that might be wandering through our acreage.

This morning, we were walking up to bring the trash bins down from the street right after sunrise.  Max stopped at a bush and then began jumping.  I wasn't able to see, hear or sense any danger; but he did.  30 seconds later, a very large and mature coyote wandered away from the other side of the bush.  I noticed it was lumbering away with its tail down between its legs.

Max had conquered and let that critter know this was still his yard and guests coyotes are not welcome here, thank you.  And then to add the final statement of dominance...he went and 'blessed' the spot where the coyote had been hiding.

I, of course, told Max he'd been a very good boy and gave him some good hugs when he came running to me at the front door. 

Are there any things in your life you'd like to send running away with their tail between their legs today?  I've got a few.  Negativity, insecurity, depression... anything else I should add to the list? 

"Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."  Hebrews 10:23

Would that include a promise to shoo the critters out from their hiding spots in our lives?

~

No comments: