10/3/08

Old, So Old

Yes, the festivities are over. Now it's just going on with life with one more crinkle (those little baby wrinkles that one doesn't like to acknowledge). My friends took me to a delightful spot for lunch to celebrate the big day. We all had burgers ~ but there were signs all about stating the quality of the grass on which the burgers had well, come from...I really struggle with speaking of these issues. Just let me eat the burger and pretend it just came from the store wrapped nicely in the plastic.

Recently I was reading through information on the Passover. I will never be able to read about that time or the Passion of Christ without complete amazement about the Lamb. Now, of course, Christ was the sacrificial Lamb, but that isn't what I'm referring to precisely. The history of the lambs used for Passover were brought into the homes for at least one year prior to the sacrificial offering for each family. How could you have a little lamb in your home and not fall completely in love with it? How could you then take it out back...or whatever the procedure was...and, well, you know, do what God required?

Seriously, I don't mean to be morbid, but how could you do that? But they knew it was what God required. And we struggle with having to attend Church and Sunday School...

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

OH, my... and can you imagine what PETA would do?

And struggle with reading our Bibles and praying...

Lakeville Vertical said...

I was about to write about struggling with reading our bibles also. Lately, I've left mine on my night stand and won't let myself out of bed until I've read it. Can't imagine the sacrificial lamb though. :(