12/7/12

Angels on the Tree

An amazing lady came over to see me yesterday to check in and enjoy a cup of coffee.  She's been there for me - for years.  And now I want to be there for her.  Her son is facing a rough battle, but we're confident he'll make it.  That's probably enough said at this time.  Will try to keep you up-to-date as he walks through it all...

Regardless ~ we were discussing angels and worship and music and dance... O it was such a wonderful afternoon!  Then we began looking at my Christmas tree.  I realized that above all, angels are the most common type of ornament on the tree.  I wonder why that is?  Is it like that in your home? 

Music is and always has been a huge part of my life.  You'd think I'd have a lot of instruments, treble clefs or singing elves.  They're there, of course, but not like the angels.  There are short ones, fat ones, skinny, heralding, ceramic, glass, tin, homemade, Precious Moments, cheap-o from the drug store ones.  All helping to announce the birth of Christ.  Just think.  That's right.  A lot like us.  We come in all sizes, colors, types, varieties and such ~ but to Baby Jesus, we were all the reason for his journey.

That's kind of hard to wrap my head around.  Some days (and today might be one of those days)  I can't imagine being worth much of anything to anyone, especially Baby Jesus.  But I am.  And. So. Are. You.  Imagine. 

You are loved.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: