1/21/09

Looking to get Lost

Tonight is the greatly anticipated opening episode of Season 5 of Lost ~ in case you aren't aware of that already... From polar bears on a tropical island to mysterious "Others" to unseen masters in dark cabins that float about...ah, yes, such fun!

When I was a tiny little girl, my mother would create tales for my bedtime stories. I was captivated to hear what the next chapter would hold for our forest friends. They were mostly pleasant tales without too much danger, but still. You never knew if the small fairy would end up being captured by the giant ogre or find her prince in the castle who was destined to love a fairy who could never become human ~ or could she???

Sadly only parts of these stories remain in my memory. But I do remember the joy of snuggling with my parents at bedtime, hearing their expressive voices and feeling their arms hold me as I was just a little bit nervous for the characters of the week. They gave me a love for fantasy that is good and right. We didn't watch much television at all. There was usually church instead and we certainly didn't have recorders for our televisions or a way to rent a tv program...

I do think when the mysteries of LOST are revealed we may find Jacob with a goofy grin wearing a white hat and sailor's pants and he may also lead us to the Howell's hut where Ginger and MaryAnn are preparing for the next talent show...

2 comments:

Beth E. said...

I don't watch Lost (gasp!), but I can definitely relate to the bedtime stories. Our dad worked two jobs, so he would usually just be coming home as we were going to bed. I can remember him coming in to kiss us (me and my sister)goodnight. We would beg him to tell us stories of when he was a little boy. I loved that snuggle time, too! :o)

Please keep me in your prayers...check out today's post on my blog for details.

Blessings...

Anonymous said...

I watched the season premier!!! Yes, I did!!!