1/6/10

The Embers

It seemed like a good idea. I collected the sprigs of pine garland from all around the house while I was putting away the Christmas decorations. Tossed the lot of it into the fireplace and left it for a few days to dry out completely. Holding a match to a few branches, I expected it to gently burn away filling our home with the lovely aroma of holiday cheer. Several hours later, I have all the doors to the house open as wide as possible, hoping the smoke clears before nightfall. I’m consoling our petrified dog in the rear of the home and my coffee smells like soot. We may still have burning greenery on Valentine’s Day.

Christmas is put away. It's January. Hopefully, we're all ready...

5 comments:

Beth E. said...

This sounds like something I would do! I've been a bad influence on you, Grace. lol

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

elizabeth embracing life said...

Sadly this is really funny. I guess you might rethink this idea next year.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I'm allergic to pine; this would have killed me.

peace~elaine

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

What is "anonymous" talking about? You've always been stunning to me.

~elaine